Sunday, January 25, 2009

Of the crow who just said "no"…


She stood there all alone
Thinking of what to say
I flew above her throne
Taking her breath away

She said: "You're just a crow,
That I will soon forget
A mere part of the show
Of the million birds I've met".
I smiled, and I said: "No,
It's your turn now to regret

I'm the poem you'll never write
And the book you'll never read
I'm your motherhood delight
I'm the child you wish to feed
In the dark I'm a ray of light
In your land I'm the only seed
You'll soon know, when I'm out of sight
That I'm everything you need

I'm the law you never wrote
I'm the king of your lost kingdom
I'm your every happy thought
And your final words of wisdom

I am nothing but a treasure
That you don't want to discover
So now you can't have the pleasure
Of calling me your lover".

No comments: