Saturday, January 17, 2009

Last words of a suicide bomber


Some of you call me a martyr
Others will call me a terrorist
As If I would really care
After I'm put to rest

Before calling me a criminal
Do you know the taste of tears?
Were you treated like an animal
With a thousand daily fears?

Have you ever heard my voice
And stopped your stupid lies?
Have you ever given me choice
Or looked into my eyes?

Have you met my dead family?
Have you seen my olive trees?
And before the toxic gas,
Have you felt the morning breeze?
-
Has your child lost an eye?
A leg maybe? Or a hand?
I didn't think so either
So how would you understand

I'm a terrorist, so you say
And a martyr of your grudge
Who are you to condemn me
Be my executioner and judge?

Have you ever missed your baby?
Your home, your land, your love?
If they're lost I'm thinking maybe
I can find them in the sky above

How could you ask for dreams
There is nothing more to lose
If all I can hear is screams
Then I have no right to choose

At the point of no return
Here I stand, so help me God
There's nothing more to burn
And no more taste of blood

No comments: