Monday, September 15, 2008

Butterflies


I apologize
For being unable
To read those letters
I saw in your eyes
I apologize
For breaking all the rules
Ignoring all the signs
For deliberately refusing
To realize
That I am just another one
Of "these guys"
Who gather, who get closer
Then burn in your fire
Like butterflies
Was it a dream?
I don't know
If it was so
It would have been
A dream that grew
By feeding on mere lies
A fantasy
That brought me back to life
That gave me a thousand souls
Sent me to a thousand skies
Even though it was a lie
That came in a gigantic size
And I don't regret
Being left in the dark
With nothing but my scars
I don't regret being called
The man who always cries
And I won't forget
The hope that blinked
For only a few moments
Like a shooting star
Just before it dies
Once again, I apologize

No comments: