Sunday, May 10, 2009

Of the crow who wanted you to know...


Not Milton, not Shakespeare
Nor Edgar Allan Poe
In your mirrors I appear
A gloomy lonesome crow

So sad, that's what you think
I pity you nonetheless
You, standing on the brink
Unable to confess

I'm sorry for how you were
And for all what you've become
I can tell from the empty stare
In your eyes that turned so numb

There's nothing more to tell
For a heart that's painted black
Maybe that's my last farewell
Who knows, I might be back

I'm the one who fled the flock
Who flew against the flow
My words have stopped the clock
All this by now you know

I'm the dream of every bird
Wishing for a distant star
While you're within your herd
In chains anywhere you are

The book under the cover
Is what matters the most
So in my sky I'll hover
For you I'm another ghost

1 comment:

Emtiaz Zourob said...

كلمات كثير حلوة وعذبة ..